Splash, a Cleveland-based, high growth start-up, is looking for a dynamic and experienced Sales & Business Development Manager to join us as we continue to grow our hospital, medical school, associations, and employer partnerships business. You will be on the front lines with new and existing customers. As a Sales & Business Development Manager at Splash you will learn the business, the industry, and sell all in a fastmoving environment. Successful candidates have excellent presentations skills, enjoy sales, and are naturally customer-inclined.
• Identify, creatively structure, negotiate, and execute complex strategic partnerships with a wide array of partners across industry verticals.
• Oversee and actively reach out to professional associations to evaluate partnership opportunities
• Actively research and reach out to digital channel partners for potential partnership opportunities
• Work with Hospital Sales team to present to various hospitals across the country regarding Splash partnership opportunities
• Set strategy and vision for new areas of opportunity.
• Build, manage and grow relationships with our most important partners.
• Work closely with marketing, operations and capital markets teams to identify impactful opportunities and drive partnerships to execution.
• Create new, scalable partnership programs.
• Represent partners internally and Splash externally with partners’ management teams and at industry events and conferences.
• Develop and manage new channels of revenue for Splash products.
• Lead generation via cold calling, email outreach, presentations to hospitals, conference attendance
• Oversee borrower sales efforts which may be 1:1 consultations or group presentations
Based on the backdrop and momentum of the organization, we require candidates that seek to innovate and continually pursue the highest levels of personal integrity and performance. We seek A+ people who wish to see their efforts directly impact the company and our industry. Desired candidates will possess the following skills and background:
• 3+ Years of sales experience
• Strong track record and history of exceeding a sales quota
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics or significant experience in a finance related field
• Strong history of academic achievement
• Motivated, self-starter with the ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables.
• Collegial, high energy, and persistent personality, with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Account planning and execution skills
• Ability to sell C-Level and across both HR and other business units
• A drive to “win” and a constant desire to accomplish more
• A proven track record of driving and closing deals
• Consistent over achievement of quota and revenue goals
• Strong time management skills
• Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear value proposition.
• Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
Personal & Professional Qualities
The successful candidate will possess a wide range of personality traits, work habits, communication and social skills necessary to work effectively within the organization’s high growth environment. This person must possess both personal and professional integrity, strong communication skills and a professional appearance and presentation. In addition, the qualified candidate will have a strong desire to succeed in a challenging environment.
Other competencies we look for in a successful candidate:
• Passion: Passion for the mission and goals of the organization.
• Integrity: Can be relied upon to act ethically and safeguard confidential information.
• Leadership: Ability to inspire the work of the organization and to build consensus in a teamdriven environment.
• Strategic Vision & Thinking: Ability to position the organization for the future, looking beyond the present situation to identify key trends and market demands and enable the organization to capitalize on those.
• Process-Oriented: Want to identify, implement and monitor processes to enable scalability
• Financial Skills: Manages financial performance and understands overall key financial indicators.
• Managing Performance: Acts as a steward for the overall performance of the organization, developing and implementing an approach to overall management of the corporate goals. Assists others in setting individual goals that are challenging and aligned with the broader organizational goals.
• Relationship Building: Ability to build strategic and lasting relationships both inside and outside of the organization.
• Communication & Presentation: Ability to communicate complex ideas in an easily understood way; ability to be clear in all situations, demonstrate strong group presentation skills and possess the ability to conduct productive and efficient meetings.
• Trust: Ability to establish trust through honesty, open communication, fairness, consistency, and authenticity.
Total compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience and will be competitive with a base salary and commission structure. As a critical leader and contributor to the success of the company, this position will receive an equity ownership position through stock options.
Splash Financial is a finance company that provides an online lending option for medical residents and fellows looking to refinance their student loan debt. Through unique program benefits such as deferred payment options, Splash gives trainees a sense of financial relief and the freedom to make better life choices during their training.
Splash is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment at Splash is based on individual merit. Opportunities are open to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, handicap, national origin, ancestry, military status, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, affectional preference, or other irrelevant factors.