What You'll do:
Splash, a Cleveland-based, high growth start-up, is looking for a VP of Technology to both set vision and strategy for software development, as well as act in a hands-on development role. Reporting to the CEO, this role will own all of product development and will be the in-house technology expert for the organization.
• Own the software development lifecycle (discovery, design, development, review, testing, and release), leadership meetings, and plan for company growth and future system needs.
• Produce high quality production software with predictable performance.
• Execute product development strategies (both the strategy and the day-to day development), overseeing the product development from concept to release.
• Lead the overall implementation of best practices and processes for development
• Contribute strategically and tactically to evolving market-driven, user-centric products and product marketing efforts to ensure our employees, partners and customers remain aware of the value proposition.
• Provide technical direction, guidance, and hands-on management to team members as the team scales.
Who You Are:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred. Will consider other meaningful training.
• 7+ years software development/architecture experience.
• 2+ years in a lead or management role, overseeing the work of other developers.
• Experience with PHP, Python or Ruby is strongly preferred. We are open to considering candidates with Java or C# experience as well, however our initial product is built in PHP, so candidates without the ability to code in PHP will have to prove they can gain that expertise on their own and prior to starting in this position.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs.
• Knowledge of web-based systems architecture, as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints.
• Ability to learn new technologies, tools and platforms quickly.
• Ability to work quickly in a startup environment where balance of speed and quality code is paramount.
• Understanding of security best practices, preferably having worked under PCI or HIPAA compliance previously.
• Should need to understand use of relational databases, preferably MySQL.
• Experience hiring, developing, managing and retaining engineers is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to positively lead and influence people at all levels within an organization;
• Excellent project management skills.
Splash Financial is a finance company that provides an online lending option for medical residents and fellows looking to refinance their student loan debt. Through unique program benefits such as deferred payment options, Splash gives trainees a sense of financial relief and the freedom to make better life choices during their training. To learn more, visit www.makeasplash.com.
Splash is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment at Splash is based on individual merit. Opportunities are open to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, handicap, national origin, ancestry, military status, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, affectional preference, or other irrelevant factors.